Our uniform is only available from CLEAR CUT MARKETING, Main Street, Dunleer.
• It consists of a top and bottoms with the school logo on each item.
• Yellow polo shirts can be bought in Dunnes, Tesco & Marks and Spencers.
• Children should wear footwear with a good grip. Some shoes have slippery soles and higher heels which are unsafe.
Make up, false nails, jewellery (except watches and stud earrings) and hair colour are not permitted
WHEN TO PROVIDE NOTES:
- If your child has no homework done, did not finish homework or is experiencing any difficulty.
• If your child has been absent.
• If your child is not wearing full uniform/PE tracksuit.
• If your child cannot participate in any activities such as P.E., swimming, GAA or rugby coaching on one or more occasions
Scoil Bhríde is obliged to and will submit a return to the NEWB (National Education Welfare Board) on those students with serious attendance issues that have been identified during the current academic year i.e. students falling within the following criteria:
- a student has been absent from school for a cumulative total of twenty days or more
- a student’s name is to be removed from the school register for any reason
- a student has been suspended for a cumulative total of six or more days
- a principal is concerned about a student’s attendance (includes periods of being late for school and/or leaving school early)
- the school has expelled a student.
A record is kept of all children who arrive late for and/or are picked up early from school. Individual pupil attendance is recorded each day in the class roll book.
The calling of the roll will commence each day at 9.50am. If a child is not present by that time he/she then will be marked absent whether or not the child arrives later. [/learn_more]
OTHER IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS
- Label ALL children’s belongings – coats, hats, jumpers, lunch-box, bags etc.
• Children should come to school on time with all the necessary books and equipment.
• Meeting teachers: Please make an appointment if you need time to talk to a teacher unless it is an emergency.
• Visiting the school: Please come through the main door and report to the secretary’s office for assistance.
• School bag: We recommend that your child has a strong decent size school bag that will hold their lunch and materials. We discourage the use of bags with wheels as they have caused accidents in the past.
• Payment of Money: Payments should always be in a sealed envelope. Please put your child’s name, class and indication of what the payment is for on the front of the envelope. The exact amount is appreciated.
• Hair: Dyed hair, “buzz cuts” and shaved designs are strongly discouraged and should be left until the holidays.
• Birthday Invitations: We have learned from experience that it is not good practice for invitations to be given out on the school premises. It can be a cause of great upset, especially for younger children.
• Lost & Found: By the end of each term we have a large box of lost property that has not been claimed and we send it to a charity shop. Please contact the school as soon as your child loses something. Please make sure that all property is labelled using ink that does not fade.
• Never approach or reprimand another person’s child on the school premises.
• Swimming is part of the curriculum. Therefore all children in a class who are signed up for swimming lessons must take part unless a medical note is provided – no exceptions.